The PRIER Products Warehouse team started off 2012 with a very strong 1st quarter. PRIER is committed to shipping all customer orders within 24 hours and through hard work and determination the warehouse team was to able ship 96% of all orders within this timeframe, while shipping 75% of these orders on the same business day. The team also achieved an order accuracy mark of 99.5%. We are only a couple of weeks into quarter 2, but the team is currently on pace to exceed all of the numbers posted during the 1st quarter.
The 1st quarter also saw a few changes around the warehouse. Our Finished Goods inventory was re-allocated and re-labeled in an effort to create efficiencies for our pickers and shippers. The early results are extremely positive and we continuously strive to improve processes and personnel. For example, Kevin Prieur was added to the team in January and David Rush came aboard in February. They join Rhonda Loulos and Scott Jones, who have been valuable members of the PRIER team for years. Together the team shares decades of experience within our industry.
2012 should be another exciting year for PRIER Products and we look forward to welcoming new customers, while strengthening our current relationships. The warehouse team is committed to shipping product accurately and on time in an effort to help our customers hit their tight deadlines.
Now that spring is upon us, here are some helpful tips for keeping your facility clean and organized.
- Take some time to develop a plan: What are the target areas you want to focus on? What supplies are you going to need? How much time do you want to allocate to each area?
- Stay on Plan: Prioritize and create a list of the tasks you want to complete. Do not move ahead. Always finish a task prior to moving on to the next one.
- Have someone double check your work: They need to sign off on a task to ensure that nothing was overlooked or needs to be done better.
- Create Process Documents for completing each task: These will come in handy next year when assigning tasks to your team. They can be used as reference to ensure that the job is completed as intended.
- Stay Consistent: Create a schedule and stick to it. Monthly, Quarterly, Annually, etc….
- Continue to add to your plan: You will continuously find ways to add duties and improve existing processes.
About Chris: My wife Brooke and I recently celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary. We share a home with our dog Luke and our cat Lucy. Brooke and I share many common interests, especially our love for Mizzou athletics. When I’m not cheering on Mizzou I try to stay as active as possible by playing competitive softball, basketball, and flag football. We also love going to the movies and are blessed with a large and loving family. PRIER is a fantastic place to work and I look forward to many great years to come.